Welcome to UConn Hartford!
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all first-time degree-seeking students at UConn (first-year & transfers). Students cannot register for classes without participating in orientation. In addition to presenting required information and the opportunity to register for fall classes, Orientation is a comprehensive three part program designed to introduce students to the UConn community, it's resources and each other. It's the first essential step on each student's unique UConn journey.
Students will recieve an invitation to begin Part 1 of New Student Orientation after paying the $400 enrollment fee.
New Student Orientation
Part 1: Pre-Orientation (online)
You must complete this module before you can register for Part 2:On-Campus Orientation however, this online module can be completed at your own pace.
- Husky One Card information and instructions
- An introduction to The Student Code
- Bursar and Financial Aid information
- UConn Academic and Student Wellness Resources
- Course Placement Exam information
- Selection and Registration for Part 2:On-Campus Orientation session
Part 2: On-Campus Orientation Session (in-person)
Students are required to attend one of the in-person On-Campus Orientation Sessions (Part 2) offered throughout the summer. We strongly encourage students to attend the earliest session possible. To register for Part 2, a student must complete Part 1:Pre-Orientation first. On-campus sessions begin at 9 am and conclude at approximately 3:45 pm. Student must be present for the entire session. On-Campus Orientation Sessions include:
- Academic and Student Wellness Resource presentations
- Advising presentations conducted by professional academic advisors
- The opportunity to meet and speak with an academic advisor one on one or in a group
- Fall 2022 class registration
- A chance to connect and engage with other incoming students, current students, and staff
- Lunch and then treats later in the day
Part 3: Post-Orientation (online)
Ideally, you finish this module before classes begin in the fall however, this online module can be completed at your own pace.
- Fee bill and payment information
- Safety on campus
- Husky One Card (the functions of an ID card)
- Parking permits
- Other important resources